Active Fire Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 day
Fresh Baked Bread. It seems the world had to slow down to make this timeless favorite come back into our homes. While it's easy enough to grab bread from the grocery – nothing compares to fresh baked, homemade bread.
During the pandemic, our customers began reaching out to us with their bread recipes. Sharing content and stories about using the Keveri H1 to bake sourdough loaves, they were onto something. With the launch of Baker Mode this year, the Keveri H1 officially offers you an effortless way to cook healthier, more delicious breads from your backyard. The results are outstanding.
It's time to say goodbye to store bought breads and start a new tradition. To get started, here's our favorite, and as it says in the title, Easy Sourdough Loaf recipe. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS FOR PRE-FERMENT
- 40grs of whole wheat flour
- 40 grs of high protein bread flour
- 80 grs of water
- 40 grs of active sourdough starter
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 170grs of whole wheat flour
- 780grs of high protein bread flour
- 660grs of water
- 20 grs of salt
- 2 lb of Natural Briquettes or Lump Charcoal
- High Heat Gloves
- Keveri Smoke Controller
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Wrap for Covering
- Proofing Basket
- Dough Scraper
- Medium Dutch oven
- Parchment Paper
- Scoring tool
There are many ways to ferment a great sourdough loaf and all of those will work fantastic using your Keveri H1, but here we show you a knead-free, easy way to achieve an incredible sourdough bread.
You will start by preparing the dough and finish by baking it. Let's begin.
Preparing the Dough
Making the Levain, 4-6 hours
- Start by making the levain for the dough by mixing all the pre-ferment ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar. Keep it at room temperature for 4-6 hours, it will depend on your room temperature.
Mixing and prep, 1 hour
- Mix the flour with the water using a mixing bowl. Cover it with plastic film and wait for an hour. This process is called autolyze, it’s not mandatory, but will help you achieve a better result when using whole wheat flour.
- Next, add the salt and pre-fermented levain to the mix and whisk until it’s incorporated, no need to knead for long time. Follow this step by transferring the dough to a container for the first fermentation, called bulk fermentation, and cover.
Folding & Fridge, 4-6 hours / Overnight, up to 3 days
- For the next 4 hours you will have to fold the dough 3 times, every 30 minutes.
- Once you are finished folding, using a pairing tool, divide the dough in two pieces and shape it. Transfer to a proofing basket and cover with a cotton towel. Put the dough in the refrigerator and wait until the next day, or up to 3 days.
- Now it’s time to bake!
Baker Mode ( 500°F)
Light your Keveri H1 in Bakers Mode at 500°F using the smoke controller in the lower rack position. This will help deflect the direct heat and create a convective heat all around the cooking chamber.
In the middle rack position place a dutch oven for preheating.
Scoring & Baking, Set Timer 20 minutes
Once the dutch oven is hot, put the dough inside helping yourself with parchment paper, and score the dough. This will give the proper sourdough look that everyone love. Put the lid on and bake for 20 minutes.
Set Timer, 15-25 minutes
After 20 minutes, remove the lid and bake for 15-25 minutes depending on your desired caramelization.
Try different flours. Today you can easily find new types of flours. These will require different ratios, so check each recipe, using the above recipe as a way to understand the Keveri H1's Baker Mode. As you bake more bread, you will quickly become an at-home expert.
Share With Us
Post what you cook using the Keveri H1 on social and tag us @Keveri.usa #KeveriFam
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.