Slow Cooking & Smoker Mode.
1. Adjust the bottom vent in 4, and the chimney in 4.
2. Remove the Keveri Firebox and place 2 briquettes in a corner. Now place 1 briquette on top of these forming a small pyramid of 3 briquettes. Repeat that figure one after another until you for a row that runs along the inside wall of the box. For 6-8 hours of use, we recommend you form an L-shaped row along 2 walls. For 10-15 hours of use, for a C-shaped row along 3 walls**
3. Place 2-4 Keveri Fire Starters in the ashtray beneath the beginning of your briquette row.
4. Put the Keveri Firebox back into the Keveri H1 and ignite the Keveri Fire Starters. Immediately close the bottom door and open the top door of your H1 for 10 minutes or until you are able to see that the charcoal is lit. Never leave the bottom door open.
5. Wait for the thermometer to indicate 40F below the desired temperature and put the bottom vent in 1 and the chimney in 2 (e.g.: if you want 250 F, take this step at 210 F).
Wait a few minutes until the temperature stabilizes.
* Ignition can take up to 20-40 minutes depending on the type of fire starter or starter material, type of charcoal, outside temperature, and other factors.
*We reccomend using two briquettes rows, instead of the three briquette row pyramid.
To watch and learn from the video CLICK HERE